I have absolutely no idea when this baby will come. I was going to guess early but nothing seems to point to that this time... I usually have a good day of pre-labour before so I'm used to lots of warning. About a week ago I had a full on 'thought I was in labour timing contractions' episode but then I guess baby disengaged and positioned itself crooked with it's head on the side of my pelvis so that stopped all the excitement. A very crazy, random, and exhausting day....hard to get your head back into normal life after that....
But I did get in a good mental space again and had a good week. Was (some what) productive, did some fun stuff with the kids, slept decent & caught up with naps, finished stocking the freezer, finished packing the hospital & kids bags, (mostly) kept the house tidy....
I've had a fill in midwife for the past 2 weeks and even though I quite enjoyed having her I am very excited my midwife will be back mid next week. Hoping babe will wait until then! We were actually hoping babe would come either Thursday or Friday of this past week but now we are hoping for next Friday or Saturday - works better with Brian's shifts and would be great to have him/her at the beginning of the long weekend and Brian would only have to take one day off! But, that is very unlikely :P I'm not too worried about timing - God has proved many times that He knows best and I'm good with that.
This baby has been the craziest for positioning. Was still flipping back and forth from breech at 36 weeks, and for the past month likes to lay way on my side or posterior. I've been doing all the 'optimal fetal positioning' exercises in the book DILIGENTLY - which always work until about an hour later. I even scrubbed my kitchen floors on my hands and knees to get baby to flip which again worked briefly. So, am hoping that this won't be an issue when the time comes! I'm thankful it's not breech but would love to avoid back labour!
I can tell my fluid is getting lower.... those sweet pokes and rolls are getting quite painful. My hips are starting to lose it too....hold on body, hold on! I still need you!
I have no plans next week so I'll have to start planning some outings or coffee dates to keep my head sane. All the teeny tiny cloth diapers are washed and ready to do. The wee sleepers and onesies are tucked away in the drawer...
I'm trying my best to enjoy these last few days. Overall I've felt really good this pregnancy and am enjoying the (getting big!) bump.... Not often do we get to experience this miracle so soaking up these last few days - even if my feet are getting swollen and my joints are falling apart :P
Can't wait to meet you little one!
(39 weeks)
2 comments:
you look freaking amazing Jen. I cannot wait to hear the news of this new little baby! Praying all goes well, smoothly and in good time. love you!
You look fantastic! Can't wait to hear the news of your new miracle. (& contemplating breaking my FB fast to keep in the loop on that! Babies are SO exciting!)
Post a Comment