October 14, 2014

Settling into fall

So, we had our baby.....3 1/2 months ago!!
Sweet, sweet baby girl.
I need to write out her birth story (I have it scratched out in my journal) but just want to get it up on here hopefully soon.



Our summer was crazy but good.  It was weird and lovely.  It went fast but lingered too.
I was giddy but dragging my feet for fall.  September meant the 4 week count down to the 3rd Annual Okanagan Walk to Remember.  It took me a bit to recover from the previous year and with the new baby and just a ton on my plate I was dreading it a little.  The day came and it was beautiful.  I was prepared and considering not being able to put in 100%, it went fabulously.  I try not to be discouraged by the attendance (down from last year) but I'm learning to give myself grace.

The giddy part of fall was.......HOMESCHOOL!!!
Yep.  We're doing it!
Homeschool was always a 2nd option for us.  In my 'dream world' I always pictured us homeschooling on a farm/acreage but never really put that dream into reality until the second half of summer (minus the acreage unfortunately - someday!!!).  There was a teachers strike the last couple weeks of June which carried on 3 or 4 weeks into September, so what started off as a "I guess we will just have to homeschool" joke, turned into a serious conversation.  A little research, some conversations with good friends & relatives and a couple weeks later we took the plunge!  It's taken a bit to get everything figured out but now that we are into our 8th week it's going awesomely!!  I seriously never thought I would enjoy it as much as I have.  Some weeks are pretty scheduled and lots of book work (which he loves so it's never a hard sell), and others are pretty relaxed and off the cuff.
Oh, I am LOVING fall!  It's always been my favorite season but then add in homeschool and living in the Okanagan?? Ridiculous.
Now, all I need is that acreage!


 (Learning the life cycles of fish - seeing the spawning trout)


(This craft had way to much prep & clean up - but fun nonetheless)

1 comment:

kelly ens said...

So awesome! I love that you're loving homeschooling. And fall in the Okanagan really does sound lovely! :)