September 22, 2006

Camping!

Well, our camping trip was great! Nice and relaxing! We left last Thursday morning and drove to Fairmont Hot Springs. When we got there and were ready to set up our tent it was POURING! and cold. So we decided to stay at the Resort. It was freezing cold and drizzling out but that made the hot springs so much better.


The next day we went on a hike and saw all the natural hot springs which were amazing! We walked to this really old brick building that they must have used as a tourist spot back in the day. It had these build in bath tubs and the water just flowed in one end and out the other, so there was constant "healing water" flowing over you. There was also this stream of steaming water and you could sit on these rocks or a bench and put your feet in. So, after we thought we were "healed" enough by the water we headed up to Golden.




We found this really neat campground in a valley about 5 minutes from Golden. We were the only tenters there so we took up 2 sites and made ourselves at home. It rained the first night we were there, but luckly we had found this warming hut which we were able to keep warm and dry in...so nice! So for the next few days we toured around Golden, went hiking, biking, and just RELAXED!!!



One morning we decided to go for a hike up a back road up a mountain. We were walking along enjoying the veiw when all of a sudden Brian stopped and was pointing at a fresh cougar print (we knew it was fresh since it had just rained that night).

















Needless to say we turned around and quickly and as casually as possible, walked back to the truck. I was sure glad when I was comfortably sitting in our truck with the doors locked!













Another day we drove to Yoho and Banff National Parks. We climbed to Takakkaw Falls (which are one of the highest falls in Canada), and did a 12k hike up to the glacier at Lake Louise.


Here's Brians rock gun he found...


Fun trip! We probably wouldn't have thought so much if it wasn't for that warming hut. The evenings and nights got pretty cold, so we may have been really grouchy and cold without it!

We drove home Tuesday and are now back to work. Brians really busy season is over so we're looking forward to a less stressful winter. Tonight we are taking the youth kids to a football. Should be fun except for the fact that it is raining outside! I might have to break out the winter coat for this one! Have a good weekend everyone!

5 comments:

kelly ens said...

awesome pictures! looks like it was a fabulous holiday!
sorry to hear about your bad day...we'll pray about the housing situation for you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great pics of your trip and sharing the highlights. Great scenery and gorgeous waterfalls. Scary about the cougar though. I am glad you made it back to the truck safe and sound.

I hope all goes well with your house and something promising turns up for you. Keep us posted...Auntie Ginny

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a lot of fun on your trip! that cougar print is extra cool. i'm glad i'm not the only one who wonders "what if something happened to my spouse and I was left alone?" when my spouse goes away for a while!

Leah said...

Your trip sounded wonderful, with the hot springs and all!! Thanks for sharing all those great pictures! I take it that is steam rising from the hot springs, in the first picture. Niiiiice! =) It could have been chilly camping this time of year, so I'm glad it worked out with the warming house and all.
I hope you continue to enjoy your new job! ttfn

Tara Van Driel said...

Hey Jen. I just thought I'd say 'hi' since i've read your blog a couple times. oh and we'll be missing you guys this thanksgiving. In fact noone that usually is there will be there... welp, there's always Christmas!
Sounds like u guys had a fuun trip! mmm. those hot springs sounds nice.
take care.