October 27, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!...what a day...

Well, today is/has been an exciting day. First of all, It's my birthday. Woohoo! (I'm 23 by the way). All week long I have been getting packages in the mail, at work, and at church and I feel very loved and blessed, even more than I feel all the time. When I checked the messages when I got home today I had 5 Birthday messages, and my brother even called me from 30,000 feet (he was flying and had his cell phone hooked up to his headset). Anyways, thanks to everyone who has blessed me today and in my life!
ALSO, (even more exciting news), we went house shopping! We looked at a cute, recently reno-ed house at 9am this morning, gave our offer at 9:45, signed some papers at 11:30, and our offer was accepted at 1pm!! So, we may be moving sometime around Christmas!!! (Lord willing!)
The upstairs has nice new carpet, lino, and cupboards. The only work it would need upstairs is some painting. Downstairs has a finished bedroom and coldroom with an awesome space for a family room we could reno. It also has a HUGE back yard opening out to a nice park/playground. Our lot is 50" x 320" (Massive actually)! We're pretty excited but don't want to get our hopes up too much, incase it doesn't work out.
I'll let you know the rest of the details when we know them!

Tonight we are having a big 'costume' party with the youth group. Should be fun! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! how awesome! And congrats on the house! what a blessing! Now we'll definitely have to come visit the NEW place :)

Melissa said...

Hey Jen! Happy birthday!! And...congrats on the house-hunting! I LOVED house-hunting and dreaming about where everything would go...and then rearranging...and painting...and renovating...and dreaming...there's no place like home!

Having said that, I'm glad the house-hunting is over for a few years now!! :)