Well, I think it's time to update. Things have been a bit crazy around here. I've been on my stretch of night shifts so I'm a little off of schedule. We're having a quiet night tonight so I have a few minutes to catch up on my e-mailing and such.
On saturday we went to West Ed and met up with Brian's brother and his wife. He is a youth pastor in BC and they took the youth group on a road trip to go shopping/swimming at West Ed. So we spend the day shopping and hanging out. It was really fun, especially since we don't see them very often.
Then on sunday we took our youth group paintballing. We had a blast! The weather was awesome and no one got hurt! (always a bonus)
My brother has been home for the weekend. He is a medi-vac pilot up north and has a week off every 3 weeks, so we don't see him very often. Last night we spend a couple hours soaking in my parents hot tub, so it was fun to chat and goof off with him. My other brother and his wife (who is pregnant I may add!!!) are coming this weekend, so I'm looking forward to that as well.
This week is packed as usual for us. I get off of a night shift wednesday morning, quickly switch back into day mode and work on Thursday. Then Friday we are getting ready for a big youth costume party that night. Brian and I are going as a nurse and a wounded patient. Then on Saturday my Mom's side of the family is getting together to have a big fall dinner. We don't get together very often so it's always good to see everyone.
Well, I better do something I'm paid for..... :)
2 comments:
Awwww....I miss paintballing! Not even one little itty bitty bruise on anyone? Do you still go to that place west of Ryley?
Are you the nurse, or Brian? Play the old switcheroo? LOL!
Thanks for the update! Love those night shifts --- I can't wait to get off these day and evening shifts and back to the sanity/quiet of nights.
Best wishes with your IV training. IV starts are a lot of fun, and IV stuff in general is really interesting, so I'm sure you'll have a good time learning all that stuff --- and especially nice to expand your scope of practice.
See you Saturday, hopefully! =)
Post a Comment