October 12, 2006

SOLD!

Well, thanks for all the comments. We did however get rid of the internet; mostly because we didn't think it was worth the $40/month. I have access to the internet at work and my parents, so I'll keep blogging - but I won't be able to post as many pics.

Today Brian came home for lunch (which is very rare) and I was cleaning up in the kitchen and saw the real-estate agent walk out of our gate. So I ran to the window and saw the dreaded 'SOLD' sign on our front lawn! Brian was on the phone, so I grabbed the camera and took a picture to show him. AHHH!! So, we are going to be officially kicked out January 31st. Anyone have room for us to move in!?! We've been looking around town for rental places/apts but have found NOTHING! We're not too worried since God always provides, but it is a funny feeling when you don't really have many options.

This evening I am doing another orientation shift. After tonight I have 2 night shifts in November, then I'm on my own. It's pretty stratight forward. The paper work, thankfully, is all the same since it's in the same region as our hospital. It's just learning the schedule, people and my way around that will take time. I'm a little disappointed tho. LPN's here aren't able to do as much so I feel more like a nurses assistant, but maybe it's the orientation thing. In my regular job/hospital, we can do everything we have been taught, but here we are limited. Oh, and another thing that is cool is that my boss told me the other day that we will soon be learning how to start IV's and give IV meds. They are teaching it in school now, but didn't when I took my course. So, I'm pretty excited about that.

Well, I guess that is a little update on our lives. Keep commenting!

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

sad that you got rid of your internet, but at least you'll keep blogging!! YAY!

sorry to hear the house has been sold...you could move into our basement suite once it's ready ;)

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog and hearing about what's happening with you in the little town of Killam. Jan 31 is a long ways away and I'm sure you'll find something spectacular before then! :) the other other Jen