August 07, 2007

Tidbits of Summer

Brian's parents came Friday night so we have been enjoying their company for the past few days. All friday Brian and I worked on the bathroom getting all the last minute details done and we finished with 1/2 hr to spare! Looks great and it is so nice having a place for company stay.

On Saturday we visited at our place and did some yard work (since we ran out of time on Friday), then we went out to my parents place for a visit. On Sunday Brian and I led the singing at church and did special music so it was neat for his parents to see/hear us do our thing. That afternoon my parents were having a BBQ with some of our Abbott aunts/uncles and cousins so we spent the day visiting and enjoying the sun.

(these pics don't look too sunny since it was late and it was just before the torrential downpour!)


After supper we had our 2nd Annual Cherry Pit Spitting Contest! This year we had 2 events (kids & adults). My last year's title of champion was taken from me by my own husband - oh well, at least it stayed in the family!



Yesterday we had a nice relaxing day. Brian and his dad worked on putting up the door on the spare room and did some drywalling around the bathroom. It looks so nice and finished now.

In the afternoon we went out for icecream and a tour of the town.

After supper we went out to the farm again and my Dad took Brian's parents up for a ride in the airplane. His mom was a little nervous but when they landed she was so glad she went and was thanking my Dad for curing her fear of small planes. While they were flying I had a little visit with my Grandparents which was nice since I hadn't seen them for a while. I kinda 'forgot' to tell my Grandparents that we were pregnant and assumed my parents would tell them - oops - I guess they heard from my cousin. (don't worry Tim - I hope you don't feel bad giving them the news - I take FULL blame!! :) They are still very excited. Grandpa told me to make sure it is a boy since the last 3 great grandchildren have been girls and they only have 1 great grandson - so I told them I would try my best!

Today Brian's mom and I are relaxing again at home. We just came back from getting groceries and a bit of shopping. Brian had some spraying to do this morning so he took his dad out to the field to show him the ropes.

Tomorrow we are planning on going to pick up Brian's sister from the airport, then visit the Ukranian Village. It is a old historical town where the people dress up old fashioned and pretend they are from way back. Should be fun!

I haven't really written about my pregnancy for a while - you must be wondering what's going on. Well, I feel almost 100% so I sometimes forget I'm pregnant. I feel sick if I'm hungry but that almost always an easy fix! I am starting to show a bit but only Brian and I can tell. I'll post a pic of my belly once I get around to it.

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORELLE!!!

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

sounds like you're having a good time with brian's parents. great that corrie is joining you soon!
hilarious that you forgot to tell your grandparents you're pregnant. tee hee!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen! It was a great day!
-Lorelle