January 16, 2008

34 weeks....again

I just got back from another Dr's appt. And because of my u/s that I had last week, my Dr. put my due date back to Feb. 24th (from the 15th). Bummer. It's amazing how something so minor is so upsetting. I think I would rather be over my due date 9 days then have to count those days over again.....
Everything looks healthy so that is all a plus! The babies heart rate was 125, and this is the conversation we had following:

Dr. N: "It's a girl!"
Jen: "Why do you say that?"
Dr. N: "Because I picture Brian holding a girl in his arms...nothing scientific"
(Him and Brian are on the elders board together at our church so they know each other fairly well.) Made me smile.

My 34.5 (used to be almost 36) week belly:


Yesterday I went on a grocery/shopping run and shopped and shopped and shopped. I decided to stock the pantry, freezer and nursery. I don't think we will have to go shopping again until the summer... And apparently I can't handle doing the shop-until-you-drop thing anymore... I just about dropped in Superstore but luckly I made it home. Brian was kind enough to haul all the bags in - great guy!

Brian bought a new (to him) guitar the other day off of e-bay. We have never done the e-bay thing before so was a little worried. He talked to the seller last night and she apparently has lots of guitars and has taken really good care of it (like keeping in a humidy controlled room), so now he feels a bit better. I'm not sure which he is more excited for - his new guitar or his first baby being born. I'll post pics and the excitement when it comes.

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

Sorry to hear your due date got changed - that happened to me twice at the beginning with Taeya, so I ended up being 13 weeks pregnant THREE times!!!! you're looking great thought!
congrats on brian's new guitar :)

Anonymous said...

I remember those feelings of disappointment....and my dates where only 4 days apart. I found comfort in thinking, "What do those doc's know? The baby will come no matter what they say..." (And then she was 7 - 10 days late anyway.) And further comfort in Ps 139 "For you knit me together in my mother's womb....All the days ordained for me were written before one of them came to be." Besides, you look so good. Sista Bonnie