January 21, 2008

Super exciting things to do!

My also pregnant friend told me that to help pass the time the last month to set little dates (1 or so a week) to look forward to instead of just counting down the days until the baby. I thought this was such a great idea! The only thing is....I can't think of anything to do. This next weekend we are going up to the city to spend some time with my bro & his fam (Brian is also attending the Breakforth Conference); so that is the next event on our calendar but there is not much after that. Any ideas?!?! They would be much appreciated!

Last night I did a 4 hr little stint at the hospital since they were short staffed. My legs were pretty sore afterwards but it was good to be back (even though I've only been away 1 1/2 weeks). But it was one of the first times that someone commented "Oh, you aren't a real nurse your are just a LPN or whatever". I have always been pretty happy/proud of being and LPN. Where I work we are able to use all of our skills and the difference between the skills/work of the LPN's and RN's is little (compared to some places). But last night it really got to me. So...following her comment I made sure her 'needle in the butt' stung just a little bit more than usual.....(kidding) :) I have never wanted to be an RN because of the responsibility that there is but last night I felt like I wanted to - just so I could say that I was an RN (well, and the pay would be a bit better too). Why does something a little 92 year old lady affect me so much when I can go to many places in the bible and read how much I am loved? Or even ask my husband what I mean to him?....

And since I don't have any new pics to post I thought I'd leave you with these two...

My uber-cute neice with her cute grin: (can't wait for our visit this weekend!)


The guitar Brian is patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...well next week you and Brian can drive to Bob's place for his birthday, the next week you can fly to Delta, BC for Santo's and Uncle Bert van Tol's birthdays; the week after that Brian can take you to Cancun for Valentine's Day and the week after that you can go get your baby in 'Daysland'? There all done! Something for every week. love ya. mvt

kelly ens said...

and toss in a visit to abbotsford for a few rounds of mafia :)
that is one gorgeous guitar.
i can't believe that lady said that to you! personally, i think you SHOULD have made her butt needle sting a bit more ;)

Anonymous said...

Girl, really? I think it's a boy...we'll see.
April K

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you during this time. I love you!

Lola