So, the next day we were sent up to the city and they induced me at 1pm. My parents, Brians parents and our close friends/pastor came shortly after to be with us. The nurses said the induction would take a long time - probably 24 hrs to get started so they planned on sending us 'home' (my brothers place) until my labour started. The nurse didn't believe me when I said I was having contractions a few hours later. I think she was a little shocked when she checked me and I was 3 cm. After a couple hours of hard labour I was 9 cm and wanting to push. The Dr. was paged and after 2 pushes our beautiful little boy was born. They took him away to clean him up and to see what had happened. I had a 1st degree tear so I was given 3 stitches and then the nurse asked if we wanted to see him. I said 'yes' and she placed the little bundle in our arms. So sweet. So tiny. So perfect. He weighed 4 lbs. 5 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches. (Average for 36 weeks is 6 lbs. and 19 inches.)


The Dr. said he had turned/spun too much that the cord kinked off at his belly button. Nothing I/we did or could have done.
After they cleaned me up our parents came in to meet their little grandson. Later that evening my brother & his wife and also Brian's sister and brother & his wife came. The nurse finally kicked everyone out at 1am and let us get some rest. They let Brennan stay with us the whole evening and night. Such precious moments.
After a few hours of sleep we spent a quiet morning with our little son. The staff at the hospital were so great. They did foot molds, hand & foot prints, took a lock of his (dark & wavy) hair. We dressed him in a little gown and a professional photographer came and did family and baby photos. They took such good care of us and we are so thankful to all of them.



Later that morning all of our family came to see us and hold little Brennan one last time. And after a long tearful goodbye we left the hospital with empty, aching arms.
That Saturday (the 26th) we dedicated Brennan to the Lord at a little community cemetery close to my parents farm. We were surrounded by our close family and friends.


Brennan: teardrop; sadness & sorrow; prince
7 comments:
SO precious, you guys. He is just beautiful, and the pictures of you as a family are amazing. We are so sorry that your arms are empty and aching for him.
Thank you for sharing this with us. We continue to pray for you.
I'm so happy you got to keep him for so long at the hospital. The pictures you so sweet. I hope you are doing well as you continue to grieve for your son. Blessings to both of you.
Lola
Hi, you don't know me. I'm a friend of Kelly's and we also know Bob & Cara and Jordan & Vanessa from youth pastor stuff. I was so saddened to hear about your devastating loss. Thank you for sharing with us about your precious baby boy. Know that I pray for you often.
Oh Jen, words just cannot express just what I have been feeling and praying for you, Brian, and your families. Thank you for having the courage to share this with us....continuing to pray for you.
Thank you for sharing your story. I wondered but I didn't want to press it. I am glad that you got to spend some time with him. I know you will forever cherish those moments. I love you and miss you Jen.
April King
Oh, Jen ~ May God continue to comfort you & hold you in the palm of His hand.
Thank you so much for sharing him with us.
p
Post a Comment