Well, it's been a rough 2 1/2 months and it's hard to transition back into blogging our 'normal lives'. It's hard to figure out what 'normal life' is....I'm still off work. My (awesome) Dr. wrote me a sick note until the beginning of May - so it's been a blessing to be at home and take life one day at a time.
I've been working on a scrapbook of Brennan which has been therapeudic and also have been writing and sending Thankyou cards & birth announcements. I try to have some sort of scheduled day. Usually I bum around in the mornings; play on the computer, exercise, tidy up. Then in the afternoons I walk uptown, do errands, get supper ready and other odd jobs around the house. And in the evenings when I'm not helping Brian reno our basement I watch tv, read, relax. So, it's pretty stress-free. I have lots of time to think and process things. It's been a good time of healing.

Yes, we are finishing our basement. We are adding a furnace room, storage room, family room, and just finishing things off. We have the framing and electrical done so it's on to insulation and drywall.
This past weekend was Rebekah's first birthday. It was a fun time with family & friends and Rebekah was obviously the center of attention.



Well, I better get out of my pajamas...
2 comments:
I'm so glad that your doctor is permitting you to be off until the beginning of May. I'm encouraged/amazed by how you are dealing with things. It has to be done in your way and your time. WE continue to pray for you guys. While you seemed strong and happy when I last saw you, i know that the sorrow of losing Brennan is still very present.
much love.
glad to read a blog from you again. I'd love to read more, but of course, only as you are comfortable and ready.
no, jen, i think you're right... There is no more 'normal'... There's just 'the new normal'...
i know i'm a little nerdy in my 'anne of green gables' phase,:) but i have another quote for you.
Rilla is talking about the past 2 years (the first 2 years of WW1) & how she wouldn't trade the 2 years full of sorrow for 2 years of fun...
"I suppose i had a soul then ~ but i didn't know it. I know it now ~ and that is worth a great deal~ worth all the suffering of the past two years. And still" ~ Rilla gave a little apologetic laugh, "I don't want to suffer anymore ~ not even for the sake of more soul growth. At the end of two more years I might look back and be thankful for the development they had brought me too; but I don't want it now."
Praying for lessons in *joy* for you, jen. Praying for soul growth through laughter and love.
p
Post a Comment