


Brian will soon be back into the *long* days now that spring is here. I'm not really looking forward to that - but I am looking forward to May 1st when my brother Trevor and his family are moving back! They decided to do a career change and are going to be hanging out on the farm with us! They are actually moving about 3-4 blocks away from us here in town, so they will be nice and close.
Lately we have been addicted to watching 'The Office'. I bought Season 1 & 2 for Brian for his birthday (we finished that one pretty quickly), and now we are borrowing Season 3 from my brother. Sometimes I glad we don't have much of a life... :)
I recently sent our Brennan's 'birth announcements'. We weren't sure how people would respond to them - but we wanted people to 'get to know him' a bit better. Here's a sample: (if you didn't get on and want one - let me know)

Yesterday I was playing on the computer and scanned/fixed up his foot & hand prints....so sweet.

Lately, I've been missing Brennan in a different way. I've been thinking about how old he would have been, and how we *thought* we would be living life as parents. For example - this morning we were having breakfast and I thought - would I be sitting here right now if Brennan was here? Would he be sleeping or would I, or would I be changing his diaper.... Funny how dreams and reality can sometimes be the same - or the total opposite. When we look to the future we often picture (dream) of what we will be doing - which we thing will be reality... But then sometimes things turn out differently...
3 comments:
Wow - looks like some good progress is happening downstairs! and so great that you'll have even more family close by. awesome :)
I love the birth announcement, and the foot prints - so precious!
how we wish your dream for Brennan had become a reality. We pray that dream will be fulfilled soon.
Thank you for the birth announcement! We have it on our fridge. Your basement is coming nicely. I'm sure it's nice to have something to keep you busy.
Jen ~ i'm so happy to hear you're watching The Office ~ it's our guilty pleasure too... so uncomfortably hilarious...
i remember when we lost Caleb ~ i had complications & ended up in the hospital again that week... & when i got out, my mom who had come to help with Cai had to go home... Neil stopped in town & i couldn't figure out what could be so important ~ i just wanted to go home... He came back to the truck with a No Doubt cd (i was liking them right then...) & a vcr (we didn't have one) & a big bucket of KFC...
i remember thinking what a lucky girl i was to have a man who was trying so hard to help me cope when i felt like i was drowning...
i also remember in those weeks & months after, thinking, how heaven now felt so much closer... more real somehow... & all of a sudden i understood that expression, "homesick" in a whole new way...
Post a Comment