May 10, 2008

First Ultrasound

Yesterday I went for an early ultrasound (9 weeks). I was pretty nervous all day and the days leading up to it. Last pregnancy we never really thought anything could go wrong so we were never worried - this time... things are a bit different. My good friend M came with me for some support and I was so glad she did.
I layed down on the stretcher and the tech started to scan my belly; a few seconds later she smiled ~ that smile was worth a million bucks! At that moment I knew everything was ok! She moved the screen so we could see and it was the most beautiful picture I have ever seen ~ a little heart beat fluttering. I could have cried!
She pointed out the head and bum (he/she is still so little it's really hard to see.) Then she measured the little one at 1.8 cm with it's heart beating at 174! She did some more measurements then told us the size of the baby ages him/her at 8 weeks and 2 days - so about 5 days behind my dates.
What an awesome day! Now when to tell people.... We thought we would wait until after the ultrasound but now we might want to wait a bit longer. Savour this great news and amazing little life...we'll see.

No comments: