
Then at church our pastor gave a great sermon on Mothers (and he even talked about the mothers who couldn't have children...) I also received a few cards and a few hugs from a few people at church. For lunch Brian took me out for chinese food then we went home and layed on the couch (our favorite sunday activity). That evening we went out to my parents were all the guys made us supper. They BBQ'ed steaks, with rice, asparagus, ceasar salad then finished off with strawberry shortcake. Mmmmmm - they did such a great job! Then when we were leaving my mom gave me a nice card and some plants for my garden. I felt very blessed my first mothers day...
I also received 2 packages in the mail last week. One was from my mom-in-law. It was a beautiful plaque from Holland (see Brennan's blog). And I also got a big package from my friend C, who also lost her little son this last year. We've been e-mailing back and forth quite often and she has been such an awesome gift to me. In the package she sent a 'Mom' frame, a 'Mom' keychain, a worship CD and also wrote a beautiful letter.
It was a tough, but great day. Definately felt loved!
Brian is now back into the busy season of spraying. He left at about 5:30 this AM and probably won't be home too early.
The other day I took him some supper and rode around with him in the sprayer. This year the farm bought a new sprayer so it's quite the luxury. It even has a seat for a passenger so no more sitting on the floor!Saturday was a busy day. In the afternoon I went to a wedding reception for a couple I grew up with. They got married in Mexico a week ago so then had a reception for everyone who couldn't make it to the wedding. They are such a beautiful couple and Mexico looked so great.....

That evening we went to a dry grad party at my cousins place. 2 of my cousins were graduating and they wanted us to come party with them. We knew most of the kids there from when we were the leaders of the youth group so it was good to see them again. My 2 cousins and 2 other guys have a 'garage band' so they put on a concert! It was quite entertaining! (to say the least!)
1 comment:
HAaaaaaaaHAaaaaaaa... Your last line makes me laugh... You're hilarious, jen.
Post a Comment