August 04, 2008

BC here we come!

Well, tomorrow we head to the Okanagan to hang out with Brian's family for a few days. We weren't sure if we would be able to go because of farming, etc but we have a few days that look like they are going to be quiet so we are taking the opportunity! We just decided we were going on Friday night so I haven't had too much time to get excited or ready but once I get packing and we start driving then I know we're actually going to get a real vacation! Our job sometimes doesn't allow that during the summer so this is a treat! I have a week off so we'll probably come back Sunday. Guess I better get some laundry going...

This weekend I was working. But it wasn't your ordinary day of work. Because of the Dr shortages we weren't able to get a Dr to fill in for the weekend so we had to go without! Because we had no Dr in our facility we couldn't have any patients or accept any. So basically we had nothing to do. The reason we still had to go into work was just in case someone came in we would divert them to a different hospital or if they were in a bad state then we would stabalize them, call the ambulance and send them to another hospital. Thankfully no one was seriously hurt or sick we just sat around and answered phones. Well, actually we did more then that...let me give you the run down of what I did yesterday...

7AM-9: had breakfast and watched tv
9-11: ambulance staff came for coffee and we painted our nails/toenails
11-12: had lunch and watched tv
12-2: read magazines, chatted, had coffee
2-3: I was getting pretty tired so the other nurses told me to go have a nap:)
3-5: scrapbooked, played on the computer, watched more tv
5-6: had supper and started packing up
then at 6 I went home early cuz my relatives were out at my parents and they were having a BBQ so the other girls let me skip the last hour! Hee hee. What a day. Yup. Even got paid.

Well, I have lots to do today to get ready for our week - better get at it! Hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

LOL! Nice day of "work", hey? I bet you're glad that not every day is like that, though!

mtvantol said...

"painted your toenails..." unreal, only in a small town. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

kelly ens said...

have a GREAT time with the fam! Should be good weather for your time together :)