The other night we were wakened by a crazy rain storm. Brian being the storm watcher he is got up to look out the window. I layed there for a while then decided to get up to (not even too sure what time this was - maybe 1 am?) Anyways, as I was watching the rain pour down I remembered I had left the window in the nursery open. I quickly ran in to assess the damage since my scrapbooking table is right underneath the window - and all of our pictures of Brennan and our photoalbums are spread out on the table. I saw puddles and wet! Definately in panic mode! THANKFULLY nothing too important was touched. A couple albums had water on the cover but easy to wipe up and none of the pictures inside were wrecked. A stack of pictures in envelopes were also sitting on the table but only the top picture was damaged and I had a few copies of it. Everything else was either in a plastic sleeve, in a box, or out of the way of the rain. Whew! Only the box lids were wet and some craft supplies got soggy. I thanked God and knew He didn't let anything special to me get wrecked.
The other week a few of the neighbor men got together and did some clean up at the cemetery. Brian went and mowed the lawn. I think it's so neat & special that we have a way to somehow 'take care' of Brennan.
Also on that topic - we've been meaning to go to the funeral home to pick out a headstone for Brennan. After Brennan's funeral/dedication the funeral home director told us to come in the spring to decide on something. Over the spring and summer we've been putting it off and saying "we'll do it later"... I guess we've probably just been avoiding it. I mean not everyday does one feel like they want to pick out a headstone for their child. Every once in a while we talk about what we want on it but just haven't done it yet.
Today I was reading through some blogs and found a friend of a friends. I was reading through her last pregnancy and came upon a really neat post. She was visiting her friend (which is my friend) and she was talking about a blog her friend showed her of a family who lost their little boy....then I clued in that it was us! She said she was so touched by our story, our little boy and saw how God has worked in our lives. It's so special to hear those stories and am reminded again of Brennan's purpose here on earth.
It will be 7 months on Saturday. The 6 month milestone was one of the hardest. More of a major mark I guess. The other day we were talking a bit about what we will do for his 1st birthday. We would like to start a little tradition we can do every year. Maybe release a balloon or something...
4 comments:
I can't even remember how I came across your blog, but I have been following your story for several months now. Our daughter Tabitha was stillborn at 38 weeks this past February. Both your reflections on your son and on your new pregnancy have been very encouraging to me.
I feel compelled to comment now because we just went yesterday to pick out a grave marker for Tabitha. It was the most surreal experience, but brought a lot of relief in some way. I think you will know when you are ready to choose the marker, and you don't need to feel like you are taking too long in the mean time.
I hope you don't mind if I keep reading!
In Him,
Hannah
(www.onebookafteranother.blogspot.com)
Hey, I still think about Brennan a lot. Especially as I see Alberta grow and change. Just wanted you to know that I still pray for you and Brian.
Jen,
Maybe you could e-mail me, and I can tell you a bit about Tabitha's gravestone that way. My e-mail address is on my profile page.
Take care,
Hannah
Hi Jen,
I'll just put a little bit about Tabitha's gravestone here. It will have ivy around the edges of two opposite corners (top left, bottom right), her name, date and the words: in the shadow of His wings.
The words are directly taken from Psalm 61, but also refer to Psalm 91 which is a special favourite of mine.
If you want to include my blog, I'd be honoured. But just as long as you understand that its original intent was not to be a very personal blog (and I certainly never expected to be chronicling life without my daughter). And so as more time passes, I don't know how much I will be writing about Tabitha. That being said, I still think it would be nice to be linked. :)
Take care.
Post a Comment