September 29, 2008

Today

I have many things on my to do list today but I don't have the 'umf' this morning to get started. I worked this past weekend and after I got home yesterday I watched some tv then crawled into be at 9 - so I'm not lacking in the sleep department anyways.
Tonight AWANA starts up at our church. (For those who don't know what AWANA it's basically youth group for younger kids. Games, bible time, verse learning/reciting and fun stuff). Brian and I were asked to lead the Jr. High kids (we thought we were able to get out of some stuff this year with having a baby and all - but I guess when you are best friends with the pastor you kinda get talked into things :)) We're (mostly) looking forward to it and hope it's a good year. The one thing Brian was really excited about was that it is only from 6:30-8:00! We're used to high school friday night hours....7:30 until at least midnight.
Well, I better 'get-at-er'! Hmm, maybe I'll have a nap first...

1 comment:

paige said...

we never had awana when i was growing up, but it has been HUGE for my kids since they started last year. i can't believe how organized & well run it is.
You are a blessing to so many, jen. i wish you could be my kids' awana leader!