October 31, 2008

34 weeks

I just got home from another Dr's appt, so here's the latest:

-wt: no change
-BP: 100/70
-baby's heart rate: 132 (beautiful sound...)
-fundal height: 34 weeks (yes!)
-he said the results from thr non-stress test on Tuesday were "really good"! (double yes!)
-said the BPP (Biophysical profile) u/s next Wednesday is really long & thorough. He said he should get the results that day or the next and he will call us immediately with the results.
-I asked him about changing my diet and he said to up the protein and calories (no problem)
-I asked him the reasons for the low wt gain (even though I knew the answer)....many possible reasons. Smoking, disease and unable to get proper nutrition is out for me - but there could be something wrong with the placenta or a few other things I don't remember. He also said that he doesn't believe there is a 'problem' - but the u/s will tell us if the baby isn't growing sufficiently.
-If the baby scores less then 8/8 on the BPP u/s then he will send me to a specialist. He said it wasn't fair for me to be stuck with him being just a GP.
-I also asked him if I could possibly be getting ready for labour and he said 'yes'. He said usually between 36-40 weeks the amniotic fluid decreases (which could also be an explanation for my wt) and that this baby could just be getting ready to come early.
-I reminded him that I didn't gain much weight with Brennan and if that could have been a reason for his death but he said 'no'.
I guess I'll know a bit more after our u/s next wednesday. He said worst case scenario I would have to be induced or that I would see a specialist and have weekly ultrasounds.
So, I guess some of it was comforting and the rest still leaves me with the 'unknown'.
He thought the baby is small (I'm going to have to re-configure my guess) and he again thinks he/she will come early. Maybe I will get my 5lb baby! Eeek! (that might be a bit small) - just as long as he/she is strong and healthy - all that matters to me! I'm thinking I might have to go shopping for some premie sleepers and outfits.

Now I have a headache and should go take a nap....
Thanks for praying....

Some random pics Bri took of me last night. I love this first one. I have really goofy look on my face.

This one makes me laugh too cuz my hair is such a gong show... My messy ponytail then you can see all my 'regrowth'- wonky and sticking out all around my hair line. hehehe (click on it to enlarge it so you get the upclose & personal look....:) )

We were also noticing last night that I haven't gotten the line down my belly this time. It is still really faint from Brennan but no sign of it coming back with this one.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah, a 5-pounder would be teensy. I'll pray that the baby stays put for at least 2 more weeks - I've had way too many friends who've had preemies, and it is HARD!! Not that 'regular' babies are truly easy, but yeah...

OK - first picture at the bottom - I don't think you look goofy at all! More like, "I'm trying really hard to be serious but the cameraman has something stuck in his teeth and I'm trying hard not to laugh."

Second picture - I was going to say that I hadn't noticed the 'regrowth', but then I clicked on the picture to enlarge it... hee hee... man, have I ever been there!! :) I went/go through SO many of those little flat clips...

You're one of the few women who can get away with a good belly shot with the shirt up... you have NO extra fat, and NO stretch marks! Me... yeah. No naked belly shots here. *grin* In fact, you'll be lucky to get ANY belly shots out of me!

Melissa said...

BTW - your report is amazing!! Being a nurse probably totally helps with all these details!

Caloric intake - I do believe I have a standing blizzard date with you, no? I did offer... :) I'll buy you a large and I'll have a... umm... a salad. *grin*

You're amazing. Keep the reports coming!

Jen said...

That's exactly what that picture was...Brian said "k, straight face"...hmmm Then he's trying to be all professional-photographer and I couldn't help myself from grinning.
Ya, I was gonna say - click on the bottom pic so you can see my hair up close. It doesn't really bother me. Another little connection I have to my son. :)

paige said...

Jen... We have matching 'regrowth' hair. hehe.
*and* you look stunning in both those pictures. Like a model for a maternity line or something. Seriously. So, there's an old wives tale that if your face changes, it's a girl & if it doesn't, it's a boy.
i'm thinkin' boy... :)
OH! & that's interesting that you got linea nigra with B & not with this baby... i've gotten it with some babies & not with others.