Today I've been kinda bumming around - doing some packing for our upcoming week away and some general cleaning, tidying up and little jobs I've been meaning to do. We were looking forward to a lazy day at home and also planned on doing the last little bit of painting in our stairwell and basement, but Brian had to work today. Bummer. I guess we'll have to postpone that for a couple Saturdays.
Next week (which is why I am packing) we are doing some house/teenager sitting at our good friends while they go on a retreat for a few days. We will be staying there Monday and Tuesday night so won't be too bad. They have awesome kids so it won't involve too much work other then cooking and making sure things are as clean as when we got there (she is a VERY clean/organized person ~ someday I'll be like her :)) The Wednesday morning we are heading to 'a different city' for my 1pm ultrasound and we are staying there until Saturday because of a Trade show Brian is helping his boss at. I'm quite looking forward to those few days. I plan to do a good chunk of my Christmas shopping and hopefully some relaxing with Brian in the evenings. I *hope* to do some homework in-between my shopping trips but we'll see ;) priorities first! I REALLY wish I could do some post pregnancy clothes shopping but it's a bit difficult right now. I won't have a whole lot of time before Christmas - especially when we don't live near a city. I haven't bought 'regular' clothes for almost 2 years so I'm gonna need a little updating!
Saturday & Monday we have some tentative plans but nothing really for sure. But on Sunday we are going to visit my good friend Paige and her family! I'm super excited about that - wish we lived closer....
Oh ya, this is my birthday post....K, well now that I am settled here on the couch with some left-over bday icecream cake...I'll begin. (I'm taking the Dr seriously when he said to up my calorie intake!)
After church last Sunday Brian invited a bunch of our friends and family to come for the afternoon/supper/evening for my birthday! Brian had asked all the girls to bring different stuff for supper and he made the lasagna (which was so yummy - it was his first time even!)
So the day consisted of food & cake:
presents:
and just hanging out and enjoying the crowd.

In the evening the guys played some games and us girls sat around and chatted. Bonnie tried my new carrier out with her little girl and it was a hit!
I've never had my own adult birthday party thrown for me and it was great! I felt so spoiled and loved! I'm not loving being 25 - but I think when I have the little baby I'll feel a bit more grown-up. Here's to hoping anyways!
1 comment:
When i grow up, i wanna be like your clean/organized friend too. Tee hee hee.
Your birthday sounds just right, jen.
Post a Comment