23. That number is here again on the calendar reminding us of another month of God's peace and blessing on our lives. Brennan would have been 9 months old today.Tears come and go. Often weeks pass without any, but then they hit hard and I make up for lost time. Grief is a funny thing. Kind of like a chronic disease...with times of remission. But it's always there. You'll never be cured from it.
I am thankful for my grief. Aching for and missing him *so* much. But I am thankful. God is good.
2 comments:
Ah, jen... your writing is taking on a beautiful quality. Another gift from little Brennan... ((hugs)) to you on this 9 month birthday. Just look at those sweet little toes :) Cai had toenails *almost* like that. Hers were funny little triangles.
9 months--even though Brennan was born early, it is such a significant number. 9 months is a lifetime for our babies born still. And 9 months is the time frame of expectation for this new baby. I'm not surprised that this would be an emotional day for you.
Beautiful pictures, and I can relate so strongly to what you write about here.
Thinking of you and praying for you often.
Post a Comment