October 14, 2008

Dr's appt update

My appt went well today. I asked him about my 'history' and if that would determine whether the baby comes early - He said that he will look at my u/s results (the one I'm going for at 36 weeks) and he will also send me for a non-stress test at 38 weeks to see how the baby is doing - then he will go from there. He then said "but I have a feeling you won't make it to 40 weeks".... I was a bit confused/concerned by that comment and asked him why, he said "oh, that's just my hunch - I'm thinking you'll go into labour around 38 weeks". I guess we'll see how good his 'hunch' really is :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Remember that doctors and their hunches are usually just that...hunches.

Cases in point: Dr. V from Daysland was SURE that Paige's Peyton was going to be a boy.

My doc (touted as one of the best in the city) was SURE that Joshua would be only 7 1/2, MAYBE 8 lbs...and that Dustin would be 'quite a bit' smaller than Joshua. Joshua was 8 lbs 15 oz, and Dustin was 8 lbs 13 oz.

I love docs and their hunches. :)

Melissa said...

Oh, I also just remembered that he thought that Brennan was a girl, simply because that's what he saw Brian holding - a little girl. :)

paige said...

i dunno, i know hunches are hunches... but i'm hoping he's right :) i'm betting 10 days tho, not 2 weeks. How, 'bout it, little mama??!!