October 17, 2008

Stuff & Things...

It's 7:39 and I'm waiting for Brian to get up. I just got off my 2nd of 4 night shifts. 2 more and I AM DONE WORK!!! Wow - can't believe it! I told my boss that I will pick up shorter shifts for another month or so, but I'll just be on the casual list so no pressure!

Last night I was working on a 'personal essay' for my English class. I hope to get it done today. I'm mostly on schedule for getting these 2 courses done before babe - but I'm thinking I'll have an essay or two to write afterwards. Which is ok - I just want to get a good chunk done so I can have a month or two that I can just focus on baby and get to know him/her (without having the stress of a course deadline). So far I'm doing pretty well. I've got above 80% on every assignment/quiz I've turned in so I'm quite pleased.

A friend from highschool just had a little boy on the 15th....k, well, not so little - he weighed 10 lbs 14 oz!!! (I'm hoping for a 6 pounder.... :) ...wishful thinking maybe?)

And of course, speaking of babies, I'm 32 weeks today! 56 more days! The other day Brian and I wrote down our guesses for baby on our chalkboard.

Back to last night - what a CRAZY evening! In about 1/2 hr (right when we got on shift) we had 8 people come in to see the Dr! Now for a big city hospital that's no big deal but for us 2 girls that kept us hoping for a few hours. Nothing too serious but busy none the less! After midnight no one came in so we were able to catch up on our nightly jobs and relax a bit.

This is the newest addition to our house... (no not Brian, all the equiptment in front of him)


...yep, it's a recording studio. Brian's brother owns/runs a studio in BC so now Brian is able to do his own recording and send it to his brother. Now that the basement is all finished and winter is almost upon us, Brian was needing a little hobby. We're pretty excited about it and I'm so happy that Brian will be able to use his amazing talent of music in another way. Maybe he'll be debuting a CD pretty soon :)
Oh, and *Paige*, he could record you a CD too! (hehehe - I love your singing!)

This is my latest purchase fo baby. I had fallen in love with them before but they were something like $40. So, I was thrilled when I saw them in the Thrift store for only $5!!! Love em!

Well, I guess this is getting pretty random. Better get to bed for a few hours! Nighty night!

4 comments:

Cairo Grace said...

Do we get to add our guesses too?
Dec 4th
5:20am
boy... (but i can't help secretly hoping for a girl... because of the possible naming choices... hehe)
6lbs 12oz

That would be so neat to have his own little recording 'docking bay' :) Is there any way in the world to hook equipment up to my piano??
If you go look on my sister's blog, you'd have to scroll back quite a way, she posted a pattern for those slippers you have! They're so cute!!

paige said...

duh, sorry i keep posting as Cairo, but she keeps logging into google!!

Jen said...

P- oooh, I'll totally write down your guess!
I think it's a boy too but Brian had already picked boy:)
He can totally record you on the piano. He can either mic the piano or hook you up to a electric piano.

kelly ens said...

I'll add my guess: a girl, 6lbs 14oz, Dec. 5 (Sinterklaas!) at 10:24am.
Congrats on being done! Time to RELAX :)
i LOVE those booties - Taeya had a pair that now Ezra will get to wear. they are just awesome!!! great steal of a deal!