April 07, 2009

Catching up...

I'm not sure why life has been so busy lately. Not even sure with what. Here's what I can remember and what I've been thinking about lately:

Yesterday morning we had a 9AM appt with our accountant about income taxes. Glad we're done our part - all we have to do now is sign it and hopefully write a not too big cheque. Then we had a few hours to kill before our Dr's appts at 3 so we did a big grocery shop and enjoyed the free afternoon together. Grocery shopping with my husband is SO GREAT! For one he lifted about 10 big water-softner bags for me - those suckers are a pain! He also pushed the cart around while I grabbed things and looked around. And having him to chat to and to keep me company is just awesome! I like him....A LOT!

Brian was tested for celiacs disease since it runs in his family. And NO he doesn't have it! Woohoo! So we celebrated by having pizza and cookies for supper :) (Sorry Corrie - I guess you are still alone on this one) Kellan had his 3 month check and is doing great! He tops the scales at 12lbs 11oz (50%) and he was 25 inches long (90%). Our great Dr gave him an A+ on his growing/developing. Good stuff.

Showing off his new trick:

Saturday we enjoyed a quiet day together. Went for a long walk around town and lazed around the house. Sunday we got up early to go to worship practice then after church we went to our friend's house for lunch and a good visit.

Cuddling and watching a movie with Dad:

I'm SO excited it's flipflop weather!!! And soon I'll finally be able to wear capris again!

Kellan's dutch teething ring - which was actually his Grandma's when she was a baby (right Mom vT?)

My hair is falling out in handfulls again! Oh man! I don't have super thick hair, or a lot of it for that matter, so to lose some is quite devastating. The hair I lost with Brennan finally grew back and is now long enough that it isn't sticking up anymore. Now I'm starting from square one again. Oh well...I'll get over it :)

Sore eczema eyes from last week - baby oil and base cream cleared it up nicely:

I've been meaning to post our 'March madness' progress. We started out the beginning of march doing situps and pushups every night and then seeing how many we worked our way up to at the end of the month. We took a big break in the middle when we went out to BC but we still did pretty good.

Situps (Brian did the full 'situp' I just did the regular ones):
Brian - beginning of the month: 65
-end of the month: 80
Jen - beginning of the month: 75
-end of the month: 100

Pushups:
Brian - beginning: 20
-end: 30
Jen - beginning: 6.5
-end: 14!

Kellan doing his workouts too:

We are planning on having Kellan dedicated the last Sunday in April. Pretty excited about that. Sweet little man.

I can't believe that girls are wearing short shorts and tank tops today! It's only +12! They are just showing off :)
Oh wow, my house is a MESS! Gotta go finish supper and clean this place up!

4 comments:

paige said...

Comments in point form:
-Cai just learned that you can't eat 3 tacos with 1/4c of hot sauce on each one and not fart when trying to do a sit up. i guess she doesn't win your little contest.
- i have never seen a yellow bumbo before & it is SO cute. i love his scrawny little arms in the eczema one - & he has the most adorable little face.
- you won Cai's contest on her blog.
- Kellan got an A+? Dang, he's smart already.
- Yay for a healthy Brian.
- i think we were in bc at the same time & i wish we could have hung out!!
- my hair is brutal too... Yours always looks so cute - i'm sure it'll thicken up & come back - Do i ever get annoyed with my baby hairs tho!

carol said...

Kellan sure is a petite little fellow - Sounds like you are all doing well. We have snow right now, so hope your warm weather is heading east!

kelly ens said...

Glad to hear Brian's free of celiac's! and good on Kellan for gaining some good weight :)
cool that you're having Kellan dedicated :)
of course you know this, but he is just the cutest little thing EVER!!!!

mtvantol said...

- I guess Jordan is the only one now who hasn't been tested for Celiac.
- Kellan looks like such a little boy in that bumpo
- yes, that blue teething ring used to belong to his oma, now it's being passed around to the grandkids
- wish we could be there for Kellan's dedication, unfortunately we have our friends from Edmonton visiting us at just that time. Wish we could be there.