The reality of leaving Molly and never seeing her again on earth was the most heart wrenching feeling I have ever experienced.
Tom and I wrapped her hospital blanket snugly around her little body, trying to remember every detail of her tiny face. After several minutes, I finally kissed her forehead and laid her down. She looked so small and vulnerable lying on that big bed. I kept my eyes on the little bundle as the nurse pushed my wheelchair out of the room. I turned my body around, trying desperately to keep Molly in my sight as long as I could. In a couple of seconds though, we were out of the door, and my little girl was out of my reach.
When I left Molly in that room, I left a part of my heart with her. I would never be the same again.
I read this story out of a little book someone gave me after we lost Brennan. It was so gut-wrenchingly close to my heart. Leaving Brennan in that big sterile white hospital room, wrapped and lying in the bassinet was the HARDEST thing I have EVER had to do in my life. I remember kissing his little forehead, knowing it was goodbye. I turned away and started for the door. I made it to the sink and I stopped. I knew I couldn't let myself go back or it would never end. Opening and walking out the door took all the strength I could find. Never to look back. Leaving a peice of my torn heart with him in that bassinet....
2 comments:
My heart still aches, with you and for you. Love Bonnie
Oh, Jen! I understand exactly how you felt. There are no words, only tears as I remember my own loss and think of your precious son... Love, Kathy
Post a Comment