That is one thing I am not good at.
I'm never usually late for anything but definately usually not early.
I always leave things until the last minute.
I'm trying to be better at this.
Whenever we go somewhere I always plan my day according to to when we have to leave, but I don't leave any wiggle room for *things* to happen. Say church starts at 10:50 and it takes 20 minutes to get there, I will plan to leave the house at 10:30. And then, I also don't really prepare for things before they happen like I should. So, if there happens to be a potluck that sunday after church, I will wait until that morning to say to myself..."hmmm what should I make for potluck". I will also leave showering/getting dressed (and a number of other things) later then I should.
And now with having a kid, I'm learning that more things go wrong in the mornings, and I need a lot more wiggle room.
Soooo, my spring resolution is to be better with my time. Be a bit more scheduled and prepared. In all areas of my life.
3 comments:
VERY familiar sounding to me :)
This sounds like me too...
Yup...me, too...
It's taken me almost 5 years since starting to have kids to figure it out... we're not perfect, but we are much better at it. We ensure some extra "wiggle room", too.
Lately it's looked like this (example):
We need to be out the door at 8:30 to get to J's preschool on time.
I don't think it should take half an hour to get the kids dressed and out the door...soooo.... we start at 8:00, with the intention of some outdoor playtime before we actually get in the van. Potty, teeth, hair, etc. Now that it's spring, it's much easier to get them going/motivated since they know they'll get some playtime as a bonus. If they dawdle, no playtime. They're learning, as am I. Getting them to work with me instead of against me has been absolutely key...
But we're still in process. We'll never be perfect... but we're getting better. YOu will, too!! Find the things that trip you up and account for them every single time (even if they don't happen).
Post a Comment