Brennan's headstone is here at last!What a beautiful thing to see.
It's a weird feeling to see your childs grave. But seeing his stone was peaceful, sweet.....a sense of completeness.
I stole some comments off of my blogpost. I sometimes can't write out what I feel - these girls seemed to have captured what I am feeling/trying to say...
It was strange--so overwhelmingly sad to be standing by my baby's grave, yet there was some other feeling too when we saw her stone in place. Joy? I don't know what it was, but it wasn't all bad.
It's like their existence is proven and forever marked. And it shows they were REAL babies who REALLY died and are really, really important.
I cannot get over his little feet - such a tangible reminder of his sweet little self.
And yes, those are his real footprints. I think pretty close to scale too. It was a *neat* experience designing/picking out his headstone. I wanted his footprints and the last line "Born to heaven - missed on earth". We both thought his name meaning was just too perfect so that was an easy choice. And then Brian picked out the picture of Jesus holding 'him'. It's just so perfect. Wouldn't change a thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment