June 01, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

I (well Kellan and I) had Brian to myself for 2 whole days this past weekend! Glorious!
We got up early on Saturday (not sure why) then lazed around for a good part of the morning. We finally decided to get our butts outside after lunch. The rest of the day we spent working on our yard. We figured out that it's WAY more enjoyable doing it together and less like a job.
I ran to the greenhouse and bought a tree and 2 shrubs (and a few other goodies). We planted the tree in our backyard and added the shrubs to the front of our house since it is soooo BLAH.
Yesterday we decided to go to church somewhere different. We drove about an hour away and went to a little E-Free church. It was a really homey church and we felt very welcome. It's kinda nice to go somewhere where no one knows you - a little freeing almost. Able to worship and focus differently.
After church we went out for lunch then did some grocery/yard shopping. We wanted to go for a walk and check out a park but it was so windy we just came home. We drove a different way home to enjoy a different view. All in all it was a great day.

Today I am going to plant the rest of my plants and do a little more yard work. I find that May & June's yard work is fun (watching new life grow and transform from the bleak winter colors) but once July & August come - so do the weeds and the lack of excitement. Hopefully my enthusiasm keeps up!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Kellen is a cute little helper. Next year he will be running around and will really be a big "help"! Nice improvements on the "curb appeal" of your house.

Carol said...

I wish there was a way one could edit comments - anyway...sorry I spelled Kellan wrong.

kelly ens said...

it looks awesome!!!! (the yard and Kellan :)