I went and got Kellan weighed today. A slim 18 lbs 6 oz and a little over 28 inches. I was hoping to have him in the bigger upright carseat by his birthday but I don't think he can gain 4 pounds in 2 months. Would they really notice if he was a few pounds shy or is that just an unsafe thing to do as a parent?

So, Brian found himself a new roadie & guitar tech.:


5 comments:
I moved Anna Kate into her bigger carseat and put it forward facing as soon as she was a year. And then I read up a bit more with Alberta and how they suggest extended rear facing (until 2 and longer if you can) They are five times safer rear facing. So anyway, who knew that even carseats could be a parenting decision. Jeez. Alberta doesn't mind rear facing though because she doesn't know any different. I'll post a few links on my blog for you.
He's such a cute little guy. I can't believe he's ten months old!
Aww, what a cutie!
Glad to hear you managed to go camping, despite the snow. I'm sure it was nice to get away.
That is the cutest little 'roadie' I've ever seen!
OJ
That is the cutest little 'roadie' I've ever seen!
OJ
Just follow the directions on your carseat...lol Malachi outgrew his bucket rear facing carseat at 4 months..or was it 5 months...he was too long...so we had to get a bigger carseat...one that is rear facing as well as forward facing AND a booster seat...he will stay rear facing as long as he stays within the weight/height range allowed. but I know how easier it is when they are an only child facing forward!!! But right now he has siblings to amuse him...lol So I'm in less of a rush to switch him. You do what you need to do though. If you're losing your mind every time you're in the car, there's a bigger chance of getting into an accident...so what's worse? getting into an accident and having him "a little safer" rear facing...OR not getting into an accident because he's content and not distracting you?? ya just gotta weigh the pros and cons...and it's not a bad thing to do it a little differently when there are siblings involved! Your next baby will likely be rear facing longer simply because s/he has a playmate to watch...you know? You're an awesome mama!!!
Post a Comment