I was nervous to hold her since it had been a while since mine was wrapped up so snug & tight. Perfect little bundle. It all came back to me when she was in my arms though.
Where did my little baby go? How did his weak slender legs grow into strong limbs that pick up speed? When did those soft little grunts turn to squeals of joy or even first words? (Does "boo!" count as a first word?) Those hands that used to wave in the air when they became unwrapped now skillfully pick up crumbs and clap together in delight. Since when did first birthday's become the hot topic around our house? Seemed like yesterday when we were watching him move inside my belly.
Stuffed animals and colorful blocks are now a common sight in our world. Don't be alarmed when you come to visit if you see a gooey orange spot on the floor - I know I need to steam clean the carpets (and no I don't know what it is either!) And when I give you a cup of coffee you probably won't get a coaster for probably 2 reasons: A)Kellan will want to play with your cup (preferably when it is full) and B)I would have to get on my hands and knees crawling around looking for one under the furniture.
I've often wondered about those parents that have 15+ kids. Does the feeling of holding a new sweet little life ever get old? Do first steps or first words lose their excitement?Somedays I miss those tender cuddles and numerous middle of the night wake up calls (and just for the record - I've had 8+ solid hours of sleep every night for probably the last 6 months!).
I wonder when it will be my turn again...
7 comments:
If you are thinking these thoughts, then my bet is that it won't be too long!
LOL, I'm having these thoughts too Jen...and Malachi is only 7 months old!! BUT he is the same size as Kellen..so I think it must be a size thing...once they hit 20 lbs they just don't seem like tiny babies anymore...lol
I hope it won't be too long for you! Our pastor and his wife just had their 10th little one and from what they say, they NEVER lose the wonder at those little toes and fingers.
yes, 'boo' counts as a first word :)
i would agree that those little newborn moments never get old - how could they? :)
hope you get to enjoy another little one soon :)
Whose fresh sweet little dolly? Soooo tender... I love those moments...
I was watching 18 kids & counting the other day, and Anna Duggar had her baby. Jim-Bob (Josh's dad) flew back from family camp and immediately scooped up his newest granddaughter - totally in awe and love with her.
No, I don't think it gets old. I am amazed at how in awe I still am of every single little thing Meaghan does, even though we've been here twice before!
I *love* this post!
nope. never old... 'cause it's not a repeat... it's a new little person who you've never ever met before... with fresh eyes & a curious little mind.
& yes, boo is a word.
Post a Comment