Do clothing trends confuse anyone else?
My heart is stuck in a different era and yet I try to coax it out into the newest & hippest look. Sometimes I succeed and other times I'm probably way out to lunch.
I've noticed it more lately tho. Like yesterday morning when I came out of our room in my 'church' clothes to ask Brian if he approved.
"Brian, does this look good or does it look like I'm going to a costume party?"
My jean skirt with tights, 80's boots and a long striped sweater looked more like I was trying to get a role in a pirate movie then be on a page of a fashion magazine.
He replied with "ya, it looks ok."
Hmm, not the response I was going for.
I settled for some plaid pants (which finally fit!!!) and a black top. I didn't necessarily feel 'in style' but I felt safe.
I can't wait for the styles to come back around to baggy jeans and sweatshirts. *sigh* I miss the 90's.....
3 comments:
HAHAHA, oh Jen, I gave up trying to look "in style" long ago...what's the point?? I wear what I like...don't care if it's in style...but that's just me...hehe
Oh Jen, I am so style-deficient as well. I try, but... I really need a personal shopping assistant. I'm clueless.
Basically, if it fits, I wear it. I've never been 'hip'. Probably never will be.
i am the least fashionable person EVER. i'm with melissa and TOTALLY echo her comment.
that said, i think the 2 pairs of shoes i just bought (and desperately needed as i haven't had new shoes aside from runners since before having taeya!) are pretty stylish! i'll probably post pictures of them to get some feedback from my readers :)
Post a Comment