November 27, 2009

Where did you come from?

Who is this toddler invading my house? I thought I kept a pretty tidy house but apparently that's changing :) I'm ok with that (I guess).
It's like a switch flipped. Last week I had a (big) baby crawling around under my feet and the most mess he ever really made were the pile of crumbs on the just vaccuumed floor or pulling books off the shelf.
3 days ago that changed. Yes, it was that ONE day that all of a sudden he thought "No use waiting until my birthday to become a toddler, I'm starting today".
It started off with shredding the roll of diaper liners. And ingesting a handful - that's good fiber right?
Yesterday it was pulling every basket off the change table and disecting each and every thing inside. (Now I'm regretting encouraging him to learn how to push the button on the wiper container.) Last night it was the bathroom cupboards & drawers. Why does he like my toothbrush better then his?
Oh, and a broken plate somewhere in there.
This morning it is the misc. drawer in our kitchen. Garbage bags, napkins, straws....he's having a great time. And I'm just sitting here watching him :) I needed to reorganize that drawer anyways...
Yes, go ahead and laugh - all you mothers who have been waiting for the day that my angel of a baby starts to really show me what being a mom is ;)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Jen...

Cute.

Frustrating, but cute. :)

mtvantol said...

we used to have a thing called playpens in the olden days, they worked well. love ya - M

Jen said...

Give up now... :o) When Z first started 'investigating' everything, I would do my best to pick up behind him... Now I just enjoy the ride! More fun for him, and more memories for me!

Lori-Dawn said...

lol, I'm starting to go through this too Jen...sigh. I however refuse to "babyproof" my house...lol Mr. M will just have to learn which drawers and cupboards are ok to invade and which are off limits...lol
he's welcome to the tupperware cupboard!!! LOL We don't have cleaners so we're safe there!! lol
Enjoy this stage and simply set boundaries sooner than later, you will be happy you did!