Some of my favorite blog posts from people are 'how we do it' ones from moms of big families. I love hearing everyones tips & tricks and I store them away for times when I may need them.
I was thinking ahead to when baby comes and just adjusting to packing around 2 instead of 1. I remember when I had Kellan and going to the grocery store for the first couple times, just having to figure out how the carseat fits on the cart, etc and acting like I knew what I was doing - y'know all those first time Mom things.
Anyways, I'm just running through my head how I will have Kellan, the baby in the carseat and groceries all in/on the small cart (at least at Superstore the carts are ginormous so there is plenty of room)...not sure where everyone is going to fit...
So really, 'how we do it'...ya I'm not sure.
Right now, just having one little toddler - being organized isn't as big of a deal as when there is 3 or 4 or more...
Meal planning happens at 4:30pm and going to the grocery store 3 times a week - some days just for milk - isn't such a big deal.
I am very thankful that our little town grocery store stays open until 9 on Friday nights - so those might be my designated grocery shopping trips when Brian can stay home with the kids.
And I'm sure I'll be a pro at it in a few months, but it's just one of those little things that you have to think about when a new life joins the family.
I guess that's what being a mom is - learning new stuff everyday.
3 comments:
Hi, you don't know me..I am a friend of Erin Bonneys. I just wanted to let you know that a). I follow your blog (s) and I love them, and b). I have two children close in age and the way I grocery shop is put my toddler in the seat of the cart and then the baby is in either a moby or an ergo on my front (I think in Canada the Beco is the popular carrier that is very similar to the ergo). The baby sleeps the entire time and then I either bribe my son with cheese or a car for him to be good! If I have anymore, I guess I'll put one in the cart, one on my front in the moby and one on my back in the ergo!
we switched to Superstore because of that cart issue. SO much easier with their big carts - toddler right in front of you, baby in the top section of the cart. when i need things from SaveOn/PriceSmart, I just walk with the stroller.
and...i'm a huge fan of meal planning, 2 weeks at a time. it makes grocery shopping easier/faster/cheaper and helps me feel organized and not so flustered at 4:30 :)
but you'll figure out what works for you, i'm sure!
OH Jen!! My favorite way to shop with a brand new baby is to wear them!! One in the wrap and one in the cart...so much easier than lugging that darn carseat around! And they're so much happier...well mine were...LOL I love that now that Malachi is 1 already, him and Shyla sit together in the superstore cart...lol or in the Sobey's cart with the two seated steering wheel thing...keeps them happy!
Post a Comment