June 03, 2010

Calm before the storm

That's what it's feeling like these days. Calm.
But I can feel something brewing...

No, I'm not paralleling the coming baby as a *storm*, but things obviously are going to change. And I have a gut feeling that this isn't going to be like last time either. (Y'know, getting a full night's sleep after a couple months...)
For some reason I'm just sensing a lot more work and a lot less sleep.

I feel like God is giving me this break for what's ahead.
Kellan is SO good these days. Like, I mean REALLY good! Sleeps & naps awesome (which means I'm sleeping and napping awesome!), no big 'issues' that we are dealing with right now, just a happy content little guy.

(We've been having 'baby' lessons lately and by the looks of this picture I think he'll be a good big brother...)

I've been working less and my 'to-do before baby' list is dwindling.
Brian is home more and we're enjoying our time together.
I've been blessed with such amazing peace this pregnancy too. (I think that's one of the biggest factors.)

*contented sigh*

And as I'm watching these 'storm' clouds draw closer, I'm not scared, apprehensive or *too* nervous about them. I'm awaiting them joyfully and openly. And knowing that those first few months, as tough as they may be, are so short and so precious. I don't want to wish any moment away.

Just want to enjoy every season of my life.
This is just a REALLY good one :)

6 comments:

Carol said...

What a great attitude and perspective you have! So wonderful that Kellan is such a contented little fellow.

kelly ens said...

yes - enjoy each stage. life definitely changes with two babes in the house, but it's ALL worth it :)
Kellan is SOOOOOO cute! sure wish we lived closer.

Leah said...

Aww, your little man is SO SO adorable! What a sweet little guy. After meeting him, I noticed he has such a gentle spirit about him....I think he'll be a great older bro.

So glad to hear you're feeling relaxed and calm these days. A blessing!

Unknown said...

Agreed. It is an amazing season of life!

Marissa said...

Hey I am here in town now if you still want those diapers.

Jen said...

Marissa-

I DO still want those diapers!
I left you my address on your blog (under the 'changes' post). I'll reimburse you for the shipping.
Let me know if you get this!
J