totally ditto to Carol's comment. Taeya was a fussy baby and that's such a time of trying to figure out this new challenge of motherhood. Having a second has it's own challenges, but you'll likely find yourself much more relaxed (not that you weren't with K, but even more so) because you know what having a baby is like and will have experience to draw from already :) can't speak for any more after that though - i heard going to 3 was a tough challenge because the older 2 can fight while the baby cries and dinner cooks...i don't plan on finding out :)
For us, the second was the hardest to adjust to. I have no doubt, though, that part of that was simply due to the fact that I had to go back to work 4 weeks after delivery. With the others, I've been a stay at home mom.
For me, going from one to two was the hardest - mostly because of my PPD and other issues after I had Dustin... Meaghan has been such a gift as an easy baby, and Joshua was also an easy baby. Dustin wasn't a *hard* baby... just my own physical issues after I had him made it tough.
Jen, Brennan was your *hard* baby... in a different way...
I think you'll thrive as a Momma of two-on-earth!!
The birth of my 2nd was the biggest transition, even though she was an easier baby than the 1st. The noticeable difference occurred when I would want to go to the store or somewhere without another adult. I was so used to just grabbing my toddler and going. All of a sudden you needed to think when you arrived at the mall - hold the toddler's hand and at the same time get the baby's stroller out of the car, and somehow keep the toddler from wandering into traffic while you move the baby from the car seat to the stroller, etc, etc. It was all of a sudden double-the-work, where you had to have double-the-diligence, and be tending to two little ones with different abilities - one that could move quickly and one that was helpless and needy. The oldest now had to grow up fast and walk everywhere because you couldn't carry them both at the same time. But that was a short term adjustment, and you soon figure out how to be 'supermom', and then it is easier. :-) But having 3 was not much more work than 2, and the transition was a piece of cake in comparison. I can't give any thoughts beyond 3. :-) Take care....Auntie Ginny
Yah, but Paige - when you had Peyton, you were also in the middle of a major major move from a teeny town to a big city - trying to do it alone shortly after she was born!! And Mollen... well, I remember "the Mollen Years" posts... *hugs*....
3 was hardest for me. I really think it depends on the personality and spacing of the kids. Ryder was so easy so 2 felt like a breeze compared to 3. I definitely treasured the newborn moments more with the 2 & 3rd though cause I realized how quickly they passed.
8 comments:
I had the hardest time with the first - a fussy baby, an inexperienced mom, and just getting used to the 24 hour/7 days a week responsibility!
totally ditto to Carol's comment. Taeya was a fussy baby and that's such a time of trying to figure out this new challenge of motherhood. Having a second has it's own challenges, but you'll likely find yourself much more relaxed (not that you weren't with K, but even more so) because you know what having a baby is like and will have experience to draw from already :)
can't speak for any more after that though - i heard going to 3 was a tough challenge because the older 2 can fight while the baby cries and dinner cooks...i don't plan on finding out :)
For us, the second was the hardest to adjust to. I have no doubt, though, that part of that was simply due to the fact that I had to go back to work 4 weeks after delivery. With the others, I've been a stay at home mom.
For me, going from one to two was the hardest - mostly because of my PPD and other issues after I had Dustin... Meaghan has been such a gift as an easy baby, and Joshua was also an easy baby. Dustin wasn't a *hard* baby... just my own physical issues after I had him made it tough.
Jen, Brennan was your *hard* baby... in a different way...
I think you'll thrive as a Momma of two-on-earth!!
The birth of my 2nd was the biggest transition, even though she was an easier baby than the 1st. The noticeable difference occurred when I would want to go to the store or somewhere without another adult. I was so used to just grabbing my toddler and going. All of a sudden you needed to think when you arrived at the mall - hold the toddler's hand and at the same time get the baby's stroller out of the car, and somehow keep the toddler from wandering into traffic while you move the baby from the car seat to the stroller, etc, etc. It was all of a sudden double-the-work, where you had to have double-the-diligence, and be tending to two little ones with different abilities - one that could move quickly and one that was helpless and needy. The oldest now had to grow up fast and walk everywhere because you couldn't carry them both at the same time. But that was a short term adjustment, and you soon figure out how to be 'supermom', and then it is easier. :-) But having 3 was not much more work than 2, and the transition was a piece of cake in comparison. I can't give any thoughts beyond 3. :-) Take care....Auntie Ginny
3&5.
Yah, but Paige - when you had Peyton, you were also in the middle of a major major move from a teeny town to a big city - trying to do it alone shortly after she was born!! And Mollen... well, I remember "the Mollen Years" posts... *hugs*....
3 was hardest for me. I really think it depends on the personality and spacing of the kids. Ryder was so easy so 2 felt like a breeze compared to 3. I definitely treasured the newborn moments more with the 2 & 3rd though cause I realized how quickly they passed.
Post a Comment