Brian has been gone the last couple days and it's been rainy - so we've enjoyed some lazy inside days.
I caved and secretly lifted those tubs down from the top shelf in Kellan's closet. The ones labeled 'newborn'. I was just going to clean the closet and get the drawers ready - but one thing lead to another. I fingered those itty-bitty items and remembered those short months they were used...lingering on the few that were meant for an older brother.
It's hard to believe another little body will *soon* fill those sleepers....AND diapers - hehe :)
This baby is lucky. I even took apart the car seat and cleaned it. He/she's spoiled already.
After all that I decided I'd pack the baby's part of the bag for the hospital. All I got was a sleeper, a receiving blanket and a diaper - incase the one from the hospital doesn't last the 20 minutes home. That's it? Really? No snacks or toys or sippy cups or rotten smelling snuggly puppies? Huh. I guess diapers & mommy is all they need :) I like being needed.
I was reading my past pregnancy journals last night and noticed there was only 1 more page to go in Brennan's. 36 weeks is just around the corner... That's always the BIG milestone...
Yesterday my Dr said this baby is big. Hmmm... So if he was predicting Kellan to be small and he was close to 9 pounds, what does that mean for this baby? Ginormous?!? I guess I should stop eating the M&M's that are beside me :S
Another curious question... when you moms brought home your babies did you have a specific outfit that every kid wore home or did each child get their own special one or was it just the top one you grabbed out of the box, in between contractions, as you ran out the door to the hospital?
6 comments:
We had a special outfit for Joshua, but he peed on it as Daddy was changing that last diaper.
Dustin got his own special outfit - white sleeper with yellow and blue duckies.
Meaghan got a pink sleeper. :) We had always brought pink with us - and after J and D were born, I returned the pink outfits. With Meaghan, I took out a special outfit from the boys' bin - but a different "special" outfit than what they wore - but got to use the pink anyway. :)
I always bring white... babies look so beautiful and heavenly in white. The pictures are always very classic that way too. I also love the way my clothes line looks with white baby shirts hanging :)
But two of my babies were born at "home" ish :) so they didn't really have a going home outfit.
The first baby had an outfit that I made - a white smocked nightie and yellow sweater and bonnet (the first and only sweater I ever made!) This was to do for a boy or girl and I had a boy. The next time I must have had a pink sleeper and a blue one - not sure what happened to the pink outfit as I had another boy. The last son was born at home and so didn't have a "going home" outfit. I never did get to use the pink smocked dress I had made long before having children. I still have it stored somewhere!
We always picked out a special coming home outfit for each child. It was the one outfit that we bought for each of them as newborns...everything else was a gift or hand me downs. It was so much fun picking out an outfit that we thought would be just perfect!
With Taeya, we bought identical sleepers, one in pink, one in blue. we also had a few other sleepers since we lived an hour away from the hospital and didn't know how long we'd be there. we had a special white outfit that she exploded all over almost immediately.
with Ezra, my mom had bought a blue sleeper b/c she was sure he was a boy, and we had other neutral outfits from before, including a pink one too.
we had it all packed weeks before...i was so eager both times. so i don't think that bringing down those bins is too early in the least ;)
no special outfit...just grabbed one of the smallest sleepers I had. lol
and the last one was born at home, so I picked through what I had for our trip to the hospital and 4 days later we were able to bring him home in a bigger sleeper...lol newborns didn't fit so well, cause he was almost 10 lbs...hee hee
Post a Comment