August 07, 2010

Fear...

...I've slowly let it creep in the past few days.

I've had moments of it during this pregnancy, but overall it's been a very relaxed, joyful & freeing(?) pregnancy.

I remember going to my 39 week Dr's appointment when I was pregnant with Kellan - being on the verge of tears. I wanted to ask for an induction SO BAD. My argument being that "according to my history, a baby would be MUCH safer on the outside".
But God knew best as all I could do was nod in agreement to everything he said.
This time I friendly greeted my Dr and as he sat down he said: "I have never seen such a calm pregnant woman at this stage of the game. Usually they have that 'crazy' look in their eyes."
I thought of how crazy my eyes must have looked just a short year and a half ago...

Room in my baby's temporary home is getting pretty tight so baby is slowing down.

I'm getting to all the sections in my pregnancy books that gave me 'reassurance' some 2 1/2 years ago.

I guess I've gotten 'cocky' lately and haven't rested in my heavenly Fathers arms.
That's where I'll be if you need me...

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

praying for you, Brian and baby as you are at the end. your fears are SO legitimate, but we know that God is bigger than our fears, so i'll be praying for the ability to trust Him and that He will keep you both safe and healthy and bring this baby out SOON.

paige said...

j, one blessing in these last days is that those emotions & fears & exhiliration & joy - they all come in waves & no sooner does one crash on the shore of your consciousness than the next one comes rolling in.
Hoping the next wave holds easier emotions. (hugs)