It's a weird thing. Grief that is.
I'm learning as I go.
Sometimes I roll with the punches. But I've learned that *I* have to prepare for it to - especially for certain days.
One of those days being Saturday.
You see I have a hard time with words. Especially off the cuff.
I am the worst at comebacks and I always think of GREAT things to say when it's way too late.
And it takes me a while to process some things and to determine my feelings about them.
I'm a 'think inside the box' kinda girl so when it comes to something so personal I feel kinda lost.
Anyone know of a book called "How to grieve the loss of your firstborn son - a almost full term baby boy that died because of a cord accident". With specific chapters called "What you are supposed to feel on 'memorial' days" and "how much of your grief you are allowed to share with people" and don't forget "gifts to give a child in heaven".
Maybe when I get all these things figured out I will write that book and make millions...
4 comments:
Oh Jen, I think you are allowed to share as much of your grief as you want to. And to talk about him until he's as real to your friends and family (and strangers :), as he is to you.
You should write a book though.
Sending love to you on Saturday!
i love it when you peel back a little layer & post something like this - that shows your beautiful heart. i'm glad that you're aware that you need prep. Honestly - i didn't realize how much grief would grow & change & morph over time... but it does. It's not just this static thing that never changes.
i love how you listen to your instincts. It's how i wanna be too.
I'm with Lola - share as much as you want, let the grief FLOW on those memorial days especially, and whenever you see something that you think Brennan would have liked..buy it and share it with Kellan and Kalli :)
Post a Comment