October 03, 2010

It was good

It was good. So good.
The sun was bright and warm.
The friends were close and loving.
The conversations were good - but usually not completed because of little ones needing their mommas attention.
The balloons were brightly colored - celebrating the little ones being missed.
The earthly babies were held and cuddled.
The heavenly babies were remembered.
My soul felt good.

I felt more prepared this year. That felt good.
I didn't scramble for words this time as I wrote on the 'memory line'. I came with an idea of what I wanted to write and the words came freely.

As we sat on the cool grass we nursed babies, played with older ones, and listened to the speakers and beautiful harp music. (Except what was up with 'The Flinstones' theme song? Didn't quite seem fitting...)




We walked the paths searching for those precious names. It's something you don't see very often - so when you do, it's lovely.




Then it was the balloon ceremony. Balloons floating up to the clouds as each name is read. Again, it's a beautiful thing hearing your childs voice. Especially when someone else says it. Acknowledging his life.


I like our group. Like, A LOT! Beautiful friendships. Lots of chaos but lots of love.



We need a team name tho. Team Brennan, Jaron, Chavonne, Hope, Caleb & Charis is a bit wordy...

I learned to be more intentional this year. It's hard to really focus amidst friends and the many, many kids, but I found little moments to reflect and think of Brennan.

I'm so thankful for this day. Such a beautiful way to remember those little ones that are so often kept quiet.

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

everything about this is SO beautiful!!!

Carol said...

Looks like it was a beautiful day, spent with caring friends, sharing special memories!

paige said...

i had a yabadabadooodaaahhhh time.
Seriously though - my heart was *fed*.