March 26, 2011

What's goin' on in the kitchen

I've pretty much spent this past week in the kitchen. That's what happens when you make things from scratch and you have a list of 100 recipes you want to try out. But it's been fun.  We've had some hits....but also some misses too.

(sprouted wheat - which I put in a quick version of sour dough. The sprouted wheat was a success but the bread was a fail)


(yogurt - success!)


(cream cheese from said yogurt - good but would make adjustments next time. I made herb & garlic flavoured as well as fruit flavoured. I've gotta say tho, that the homemade bagels were superb!)


(sauerkraut - 1st attempt was a success. This time I'm doing it differently so in 2-6 weeks I'll tell you how it went. Now, I just have to start liking it ;)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oooo... I have been looking for a bagel recipe. Care to share yours?

Joyful Mommy said...

My goodness...So ambitious! I am very impressed...