17 1/2 weeks today. Wowza! Each pregnancy seems to go faster and faster when life's busy plate gets busier and crazier. Or maybe its because this baby has wiped me out so much that I just feel so unorganized and behind all the time....but really, how can you complain about or blame a sweet tiny growing life? That's the beautiful gift and job God has blessed me with....I just need to remind myself of that when the to do's become overwhelming from the oh so welcoming couch...
Y'know when God brings one of your dirty filthy sins to your heart and mind and you try like everything to shove it back into the dark corner but He just keeps exposing it? Ya, He's hauling out a big one these days. A combination of bitterness and jealousy and inner conflict. Ugh. But it's getting pretty heavy these days that I so long for a good pruning and to see those tiny buds of beauty form.
In our dating and marriage lifetime we barely have gone on dates. (I guess maybe our dates just look different than most peoples...) Anyways, today I actually booked a babysitter for twice a month for us to get away for a couple hours. Brian's schedule is so tight and unpredictable that evenings are out so every other monday when Brian does night shift he has the mornings off - breakfast/coffee dates it is! I'm so excited!
Last weekend and tid bits of this week we finished painting the kids room and our ensuite! SO much better! My design and decorating brain is kinda maxed out right now but it's nice to have a few more things done in here to make it more homey and 'ours'. I'm still itching to go to IKEA to finish a few more things off but that'll have to wait. I'm getting pretty used to living in unfinished chaos ;)
Had some good coffee chats this week. Actually, come to think of it, it was really only one, but I'm not lacking in the friend/good chat department here which I am very thankful for! I'm not an overly social kinda gal but I'm finding that one coffee/play date a week and playgroup on Friday morning at the church is perfect.
Our ultrasound is coming up in less than 2 weeks. I still haven't decided if we are going to 'find out'. I'm tempted but I don't want to regret it either. BUT, I would really like to set up and decorate that cute little nursery....
2 comments:
you are looking great at 17 1/2 weeks; thanks for the fb pic :)
oh, those dirty, filthy sins...i wish they would all run away, or at least that we'd learn the first time!
SO excited for you guys and some breakfast dates - that is awesome! We haven't dated regularly either but it's something i really want to do.
pictures of the rooms????
so excited that you two are going on breakfast dates! that's really nice. and I am so happy that you've found a little niche, after you move. it's so nice to be able to get together with other moms!
Post a Comment