February 21, 2012

Halfway, Ultrasound and It's a.......!!!!!

....baby!!!!
After MUCH deliberation, we decided to go ahead and find out baby's gender.  
BUT, baby vetoed our decision and did not want to be found out.
Good thing I had waited until the last minute to decide and didn't really have my heart set on it, so it wasn't a huge let down.  Would have kind of been fun tho....

Anyways, we had our ultrasound on Wednesday.  The tech was chatty the entire time and nothing really threw her off so I'm assuming all is well.  What was VERY cool, was they had a tv monitor that is linked the computer/ultrasound machine so you can watch the tech and see little one the whole time!!  Loved that!  And at the end, baby was sucking it's thumb.....pretty much the sweetest thing I've ever seen!


I had a midwife appt right before my ultrasound.  Chatted more about labour and some different options I had as far as injections & ointments they give following birth.  Heart beat was 140....so once again as far as the old wives tale goes, my baby likes to keep me guessing.

Oh, my midwife just called with the u/s report!  Everything and everyone looks healthy.  Baby is measuring 3 days small so basically right where they should be.

20 weeks:

And for comparison (mostly for my sake but you are free to check my previous 1/2 way bellies too ;)  My bellies are starting to be pretty predictable - and I'm more than ok with that.

4 comments:

kelly ens said...

GREAT!!!!! you look awesome, Jen!

Melissa said...

You look totally awesome... but your bump looks higher this time compared to the others!

Don't you love the midwifery model of care? They totally *almost* over-inform you about your options - and EVERYTHING is a choice - right down to the pit injection, vitamin k shot, eye goop... whereas I'd always been told that those things are LAW (at least the vitamin K and the eye goop)...

Jen said...

You look lovely!

Carol said...

Half way already! Wow - it seems like you just told us you were pregnant. You look great.